Wednesday, May 20, 2009

6 days and counting...

Training was this weekend in Michigan and I flew into Detroit and Autumn Zimmerman, one of the awesome girls that interviewed me, picked me up. We stayed at her parent's home in Jackson and I got to meet about 6 of the other interns that came early. We got along so well and talked about the summer and made a bonfire and ate smores. We got up Friday morning and drove the last hour to a place called Miracle Camp where training would be held. I met the other 17 amazing interns, ahem, I mean "summer staffers" ;) that will be serving this summer. Everybody was just so great. We had lots of sessions teaching us all kinds of wonderful info we'll need  for the upcoming summer, everything from conflict resolution to being an effective leader to splinting broken bones to cooking chicken for 50.

I learned so much- especially about what is coming at me this summer. It's going to be hard. 10 weeks of hard labor and little sleep and a constant GO level is going to take a toll. I know it's going to be so worth it though. Not to mention Molly and Chris are amazing. We get along so easily. That is truly a blessing and I know the Lord has anointed it for sure.

This weekend we hammered out our individual responsibilities we will take on once we get out there and we'll be doing those each week as the church groups come. I am the Trip Coordinator, meaning I will be covering the overall schedule, the evening Leaders' meeting with the leaders from the church group, and the evening team meeting with Chris and Molly. I'll be leading worship each night at the service as well as coordinating which of us will be speaking each night and giving the message. I'll be in charge of making sure all the materials are purchased and arrive on time at each of the construction sites for Chris. There's a couple more things I'm doing too, but I can't recall right now. It's a big job, and I'm kinda spread all over, but it's going  to be fun. I feel like my job load is definitely things that I have a passion and gift for.

I leave in 6 days. It's crazy to think! Now it's just making my lists and getting things ready to go. Spent nearly $100 at Target today- bought an air mattress cause they told me my little camping mat wasn't going to cut it for 3 months. I know this is going to be an expensive summer, but I'm leaving it in God's hands because I know He is the ultimate provider!

Blessings and love,
Laura Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment