Sunday, May 10, 2009

just started

So, I finally figured out how to start this thing. Pretty simple. :)

I'm so excited about my upcoming trip! I will be serving as an intern for Experience Mission, a mission organization that sends groups to cities and countries all over the world. The Navajo Reservation in New Mexico is one of the newest locations and I will be serving there for 10 weeks this summer! Chris Maxey and Molly Mulholland are two other interns I will be serving alongside, and we will be leading the groups that come each week in construction work, Kid's Club activities, worship services, and much more. I leave from Alabama on May 26th and drive to Fort Worth, TX to pick up Molly. She and I will then make the drive to Albuquerque, NM on the 27th to meet up with Chris and pick up Josh who will be training us for the first few days on the Rez.

I found out a few weeks ago that I will be leading worship each night for the groups that are there with us. This makes me excited and terrified at once. I've been singing for years but never excelled at any instrument, and knowing that I had to play guitar and sing was an anxiety-producing thought. The Lord has been faithful though, and through a few hours of practice and deliberation each day, I've been improving! My dear friend Jeffrey has been gracious enough to help me transpose some of the songs into singable keys with chords easy enough for me to maneuver.

This Thursday, I'll be flying up to Detroit, Michigan to meet up with all of the interns with EM to do our training before we hit the field. I am so excited!!! I can't wait to meet everyone and savor any extra bit of information I can learn about what we will be doing. Start praying now for the people we will meet and have the pleasure to serve with. I know the Lord has big plans for this summer and I'm just waiting for Him to bring me in on it! :)

3 comments:

  1. "In the future i'm gonnna want you to read it and comment on ALL of them"\

    this is my first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...........
    WEST BLOCTON ALA IS WATCHING...
    CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete